Isles Above
[EVENT] Yuletide Celebration - Printable Version

+- Isles Above (https://www.islesabove-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://www.islesabove-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://www.islesabove-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Events (https://www.islesabove-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: [EVENT] Yuletide Celebration (/showthread.php?tid=38)

Pages: 1 2

Yuletide Celebration - Event Manager - 12-20-2020

It's here!  Presents, presents, and more presents!

Yuletide in the Isles is held when the snow is nearly melted rather than the typical time, celebrating a new year and arrival of spring all in one go.  Songs, music, and dancing is a common sight both indoors and outdoors.  However, thievery is to be at all time high with so many, so soldiers and even air fleet members will be on the lookout since it's one of the busiest times celebrating.

Post in reply to this with your character icly going up to Dalila to receive your gift!  The Event Manager will then reply of what you have received.  You may choose to opt in or out to have your character's gift stolen with an OOC note somewhere in their post saying "OPTING IN/OUT gift theft".

Bells could be heard as the large feathered mare made her yearly appearance, her beautiful faux fur cloak sparkling behind her.  Foals ran or flew toward her quickly, crying out in welcome to her before getting a gift that made them smile brighter than the sun.  Music played in a nearby tavern, providing more ambience.  While it didn't snow, due to the opposite of season, the festivities were still being ran.

"Come get your presents!  You may not get what you want, but what you might need."  Her voice carried out delicately like the bells upon her neck and cloak.  Gifts appeared like magic as she shifted more whom came toward her.  Anyone who tried to get another was met with a tsk tsk and a shake of her head.

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Orion - 12-20-2020

Orion wasn’t really sure what this whole gift giving thing was about, especially since he’d never had such a thing before. He’d never had a family, period, and that also meant that he missed out on a lot. Needless to say he was like a fish out of water…or a bird without wings. More awkward than usual, navigating his way towards the feathered, festively adorned mare. She was handing out presents to everyone who approached, but only one per person. Oreo tilted his head slightly, coming closer with curiosity, but not daring get close enough to get a present of his own, yet. He lingered, unsure, until the mare spoke up, delicate voice ringing about the area, as more gifts appeared out of thin air.

Elara bumped her head against his wing, encouraging him to get a move on, affectionately, and so he closed the remaining distance between himself and the mysterious mare. He dipped his head, shy, and offered a sweet smile, hoping to pick up his present and retreat somewhere where he could open his present in relative peace.

OOC ;; I...hereby OPT IN to having poor Oreo's gift stolen o:

Yuletide Celebration - Dice Master - 12-20-2020

Syrilth has rolled dice Event Dice 1 times with the following results: 10

Staff has rolled dice Event Dice 1 times with the following results: 65

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Event Manager - 12-20-2020

Delila beamed with another smile as she looked down at the snow-like one before her that spoke nothing.  Her eyes however sparkled knowingly. "You have traveled far."  She looked over at the peculiar snake with four sets of wings.  "As have you."  Looking up, her large wings shifted before touching together at the tips as if embracing before a light shimmered.  A magical orb shone brilliantly with a prism appearance, floating down slowly.  Delila smiled, her red line markings adjusting on her cheeks.  

"You've been given the gift of the second level of magic, should you choose to have one later or gift it to another during this merry season of a new year."  She pushed it with her nose toward Orion and an air fleet flew high above keeping watch while a soldier positioned himself close for extra security.  Thieves didn't stand a chance to steal this gift.

OOC Note: @Orion has received Level 2 Magic, if no magic, you can apply it after or gift it to someone else.

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Asterion - 12-21-2020

Who’s the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?
OOC: Opting in for thievery but asterion will whoop ass if he gets the chance

What's this? -insert Jack Skellington gif here- Bells ring out. My first impression of this land (Well other than that weird nitty-gritty portal). Such an odd custom. Upon the wind comes a delicate voice I have no reason to not check out such a thing. Following I find a strange scene, a mare surrounded by boxes? Such a thing what could it be? I am not the only one. Another is here getting his gifts, well I assume that's what they are. Trotting closer I hear the end of their conversation so the pegasos was given magic? I do not understand the meaning of "level", perhaps I will find out. 

I do not smile instead my face is (as always) stern. I have felt no joy or happiness in many years. I cannot change overnight nor was Rome built in a day. My ears are forward alert to the situation. It's hard not to roll my eyes, it all seems so frivolous yet I wait my turn. Though I am hesitant but not with fear. It just seems too good to be true. I have seen horrors and committed such horrors, I do not believe in good will. What exactly does the mare get from this and why the fuck is there multiple pegasos' above them? They're watching but for what? A royal entourage? The pope? More likely pilferers and their ilk. Still an ominous sign to see wings circling overhead. 
Code by Howl|Graphic by Randa

Yuletide Celebration - Dice Master - 12-21-2020

Event Manager has rolled dice Event Dice 1 times with the following results: 18

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Event Manager - 12-21-2020

Delila was quiet as the next one came forward, but they kept their distance. She looked into their eyes, and what she saw made her frown for a second before smiling at another stranger whom was also not a stranger to her now. "You have also come far. The portals have worked their mysterious ways more so this year than before." She raised her wings and clasped them again, a bright light shimmering into a gift bag decorated in silver and gold with a symbol of an equine turning quickly.

"You've been given the gift two chances to become more agile when in a fight, should you choose to have it or gift it to another during this merry season of a new year."  Despite the thick crowd, a young thief managed to squeeze through and leaped to grab the gift bag in their mouth before running through the crowd. It was difficult to see but the air fleet was following them instead of the soldiers.

Delila frowned and shook her head. "I am sorry, my magic only grants on gift to each. It is a shame that greed is still rampant when they've already received their own gifts."

OOC Note: @Asterion gift was stolen. You must roll the Event Dice first to see if you can roll a 40 or higher to get it back. You may then reply to this post with the outcome.

Yuletide Celebration - Dice Master - 12-21-2020

Asterion has rolled dice Event Dice 1 times with the following results: 91

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Asterion - 12-21-2020

Who’s the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?
She looks into my eyes and frowns before quickly replacing it with a smile. They say the eyes are the window to the soul perhaps she has seen the horrors inside me. Yes, I have indeed travelled far. The portals were strange I still do not understand how they work, portals are not something I have ever come across before in all my journeys. I watch as the mare raises her wings, clasping them together. She emits a bright shimmering light into a bag of silver and gold. I watch with much interest. Her delicate voice reaches my ears once again now explaining what she has gifted me with. To be more agile in a fight in certainly useful, however, through the crowd comes a pilferer. A young sneaky one who steals my gift. 

The greedy little bastard. I roar flattening my ears against my neck. I will not allow such petty thievery. The mare is forgotten for now as I chase down the young thief. They made a mistake stealing from me! I am behind, unfortunately, the sneak got a head start but, not for long. Galloping I am gaining on them. That was not yours to take. I steer clear of their rear legs and instead aim for their flank. My teeth seek purchase of the flesh. Give up what you stole! I feel a rage, blood will be spilt this day. 

Grabbing my pound of flesh I yank my head back quickly ripping skin and muscle. I hear the painful squeals yet, they matter little, if at all to me. Using my strength I wrestle my adversary to the ground. Though they are young they do not get to escape the consequences of robbing me. The gift is now back with its rightful owner yet I seek more. Grasping their right ear harshly I jerk tearing it from its possessor. It is but a mere morsel for me. Picking up my gift I glare at the young horse. Next time you steal pick a better target or better yet don't steal at all! Let this be a lesson. 

I canter back to the two pegasos' (Delila and Orion though I did not hear their names be given) firmly grasping the neat present. I place it down gently once close but still not truly within the friendship circle "Forgive that awful display but, they should have picked a better target." a small chuckle to ease the tension. For now I hide behind my facade, I don't want them to know the true me. Perhaps one day but today is not that day. 
Code by Howl|Graphic by Randa

RE: Yuletide Celebration - Event Manager - 12-21-2020

Delila wasn't disturbed, but the air fleet and soldiers were for a second before recovering.  She had already seen such horrors due to her all seeing magic.  It was only during this time of year that she could see it and her magic would decide on it's own what the person needed.  It was sometimes a good reaction but some were not pleased.

"No need to worry," said the tall armored soldier before their iron magic placed metal clasps on the thief.  "That was mild punishment."  With a flick of his long black mane, the soldiers who arrived after his call was there to take the thief back.  "All is well now.  Continue, Delila."

"My thanks.  Please make way for the next ones in line.  I wish you both a wonderful holiday."

"Next ones come up!"

OOC Note: @Asterion has received their gift officially now after he caught the thief themselves without help from the air fleet and soldiers in the area.  You may use the additional 2 dodges during any battle (minus training), use it wisely!